When we began touring the Yarra Valley it was only known for its wine, so we were catering to people who wanted to do a wine tour. But over the last few years, the Valley has developed into a diverse gourmet region, and is now jam packed with an interesting selection of venues.
In response to this we have created a new tour to give you a taste of the different specialties from this region.
Here’s how a likely Yarra Valley Highlights Tour would go:
- First stop – the Coldstream Dairy – for some tastings from this boutique dairy, all of whose produce is made using Yarra Valley milk, you will sample Italian-style handmade cheeses, fresh feta and yoghurt, right in the heartland of wine country. With cheese in our tummies and possibly our bags, we will then set off in search of
- Gin. That’s right, a gin tasting at Healesville’s newest internationally recognized offering – the award winning boutique gin distillery, Four Pillars Gin. You may have already heard about it, every magazine we open right now has an article about Wilma the gin still! Next,
- it will be time for some lunch, which will be at one of a number of great options, perhaps Tokar Estate, or Rochford Wines, maybe even further up the hill at Soumah? After a delicious lunch, if you can still move, we’ll head to
- Dominique Portet for a bit of elegant French culture, a tour of the barrel room and a sip or two of fine wines for tasting. Dominique Portet is such an enjoyable cellar door, the staff are so welcoming and you’ll be hard pushed not to buy something – just warning you!
- To finish your highlighted day we’ll take you to the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery. Here you can see the chocolate being made in the kitchen through vast floor to ceiling windows, and the chocolate makers are all from Belgium, home to some of the world’s finest chocolate. You can enjoy the free samples, order a hot chocolate (which is like a meal in itself), wander around the amazing assortment of chocolate goods for sale or run around outside among the orchards.
This tour runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.
The cost of this tour is $150 (pick up Melbourne or Marysville end of the valley) or $135 (pick up Lilydale or local accommodation).
For more information and to book your place on this tour, please call 1300 945 396 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Book
It’s easy to book a tour. Simply select one of the options below:
1300 945 396
(Office hours Monday – Friday 9am-5.00pm, Saturday 9am-3pm, after hours for urgent matters or next day tours).